- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Telsan 40mg Tablets
Telsan 40mg Tablets is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems.
- This drug is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
- Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems.
- Telmisartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs).
- It relaxes blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Side Effects Of Telsan 40mg Tablets
- Dizziness or lightheadedness may occur as your body adjusts to the drug.
- If any of these symptoms persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, stand up slowly from a sitting or lying position.
- Remember, this medicine has been prescribed for you because your doctor has decided that the benefit for you is greater than the risk of any side effects.
- Many people using this drug do not experience any serious side effects.
- Tell your doctor straight away if you notice any serious side effects, including: fainting, symptoms of hyperkalemia (such as muscle weakness, slow/irregular heartbeat).
How To Use Telsan 40mg Tablets?
- Read the package leaflet, if available from your pharmacy, before you start taking telmisartan and each time you take any dietary supplement.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.
- Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once a day.
- The dose depends on your condition and your response to treatment.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it.
- To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. Keep taking this medicine even if you feel well.
- Most people with high blood pressure do not feel nauseous.
- If you are being treated for high blood pressure it may take up to 4 weeks to get the full benefit of this medication.
- Drug interactions can change the way drugs work or increase the risk of serious side effects.
- This document does not cover all possible drug interactions.
- Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/over-the-counter drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
- Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any drug without your doctor’s approval.
- Some products that may interact with this medicine include: aliskiren, lithium, ramipril, medicines that can increase blood potassium levels (such as ACE inhibitors including benazepril/lisinopril, birth control pills containing drospirenone).
- Before taking telmisartan, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to this medicine; or if you have other allergies.
- This product may contain inactive ingredients that may cause an allergic reaction or other problems.
- Talk to your pharmacist for more information.
- Before taking this medication, tell your doctor or pharmacist about your medical history, especially: liver disease, biliary obstruction, hyperkalemia, dehydration.
- This medication may cause dizziness.Alcohol or marijuana (cannabis) can cause dizziness.
- Do not drive, use machines or do anything that requires your attention until you can do it safely.
- Limit alcoholic beverages.
- Tell your doctor if you use marijuana (cannabis).