- Reviews (0)
Osam-D Tablets 30’s
Osam-D Tablets 30’s (Ossein Mineral Complex + Vitamin D) is a multinutrient, containing Ossein Mineral Complex which is more than 95% absorbable and bio-available Calcium Supplement in combination with Phosphorus, Protein, Collagen and a series of Trace minerals; and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D3), a pre-formed source of vitamin D activity, which stimulates the absorption of Calcium. this Tablet mineral complex provides complete bone nutrition – a whole bone supplement providing all essential nutrients necessary for bone formation.
This Tablet (Vitamin D3) is necessary for the proper absorption and utilization of calcium and phosphorus in the body and the development of bones and teeth. it is also important for blood clotting and optimal function of the thyroid gland. it is used to treat patients with rickets (vitamin D deficiency), Osteoporosis (weaker bones).Prescribed in pregnancy and in lactating females to fulfil mineral requirements and growth. it is used in the treatment of post menopausal osteoporosis (porous one disease) to reduce risk of vertebral(backbone) and hip fractures.
Precaution should be taken in patients with known hypersensitivity to Vitamin D or any of its derivatives. − Precaution should be taken in patients who are having excess intake of Vitamin D that may lead to hypercalcaemia for excess bone loss.
- This medication is used to treat patients with rickets (vitamin D deficiency), Osteoporosis (weaker bones).
- Prescribed in pregnancy and in lactating females to fulfil mineral requirements and growth.
- This medication is used in the treatment of post menopausal osteoporosis (porous one disease) to reduce risk of vertebral(backbone) and hip fractures.
Side Effects Of Osam-D Tablets 30’s
- Esophageal ulcer (type of peptic ulcer)
- abdominal pain
- dyspepsia(indigestion )
- dysphagia(swallowing difficulties )
- abdominal distention
- musculoskeletal pain
- uveitis(eye inflammation)
- oropharyngeal ulceration (ulceration of the part of the neck below the mouth).
When not use
This medication is contraindicated in hypercalcemia (raised calcium levels) and hypercalciuria.