- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Mycitracin Plus oint 14g
Neomycin, polymyxin, and bacitracin combination is used to prevent minor skin injuries such as cuts, scrapes, and burns from becoming infected. Neomycin, polymyxin, and bacitracin are in a class of medications called antibiotics. Neomycin, polymyxin, and bacitracin combination works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Neomycin, polymyxin, and bacitracin is used to help prevent minor skin injuries such as cuts, scrapes, and burns from becoming infected. Bacitracin is in a class of medications called antibiotics. Bacitracin works by stopping the growth of bacteria.
Uses Of Mycitracin Plus oint 14g
This medication is recommended in mixed candidal (fungal) infections.
This medication is used to prevent and control pain during certain medical procedures such as,
- inserting a tube into the mouth
- throat or urinary tract (e.g., endotracheal intubation, urinary catheterization).
- Lidocaine jelly is also used to numb and treat inflammation of the urinary tract (urethritis).
Patients using this medication may at times experience,
- corneal thinning
- fungal infection and rise in intraocular (eye) pressure.
If you experience any of these symptoms for a long period of time, consult your doctor immediately.
When Not to Use
- This medication should be avoided if you are allergic to corticosteroids.
- Use neomycin/polymyxin B/bacitracin/lidocaine with caution during pregnancy if benefits outweigh risks.
- It is unknown if neomycin, polymyxin B, or bacitracin is excreted in breast milk.
- Systemic absorption of topical lidocaine has been reported.
- Pregnant or breastfeeding patients should seek advice of a health professional before using over-the-counter (OTC) drugs.