- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Montiget 4mg sachet/Powder
Montiget 4mg sachet/Powder. (Montelukast sodium) is a leukotriene receptor antagonist (LTRA) used for the maintenance and treatment of asthma and to relieve symptoms of seasonal allergies rhinitis. it is described chemically as [R-(E )]-1-[[[1-[3- [2-(7-chloro-2-quinolinyl)ethenyl]phenyl]-3-[2-(1-hydroxy-1- methylethyl)phenyl]propyl]thio] methyl] cyclopropaneacetic acid, monosodium salt. Montiget 4mg sachet/Powder molecular formula is C35H35ClNNaO3S. it is used regularly to prevent the wheezing and shortness of breath caused by asthma and decrease the number of asthma attacks.
The area under the plasma concentration curve (AUC) for Montiget 4mg Tablet is decreased approximately 40% with coadministration of phenobarbital. Since montelukast is metabolised by CYP 3A4, caution should be exercised, particularly in children, when montelukast is co-administered with inducers of CYP 3A4, such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampicin. MONTIGET is not indicated for use in the reversal of bronchospasm in acute asthma attacks, including s tatus asthmaticus. Patients should be advised to have appropriate rescue medication available.
Therapy can be continued during acute exacerbations of asthma. Patients who have exacerbations of asthma after exercise should have available for rescue a shortacting inhaled β-agonist. While the dose of inhaled corticosteroid may be reduced gradually under medical supervision, montelukast should not be abruptly substituted for inhaled or oral corticosteroids.
Aspirin Sensitivity Patients with known aspirin sensitivity should continue avoidance of aspirin or non-steroidal antiinflammatory agents while taking montelukast.Although montelukast is effective in improving airway function in asthmatics with documented aspirin sensitivity, it has not been shown to truncate bronchoconstrictor response to aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in aspirin-sensitive asthmatic patients.
It is used regularly to prevent the wheezing and shortness of breath caused by asthma and decrease the number of asthma attacks.
Side effects Of Montiget 4mg sachet/Powder
- abdominal pain
- increased sweating
When not use
Montelukast sodium is contraindicated in a patient who has shown hypersensitivity to the drug or any of its components.
- You can take it with or without food
- Use granules straight or mix them with applesauce, carrot sauce, or ice cream. Do
- Do not mix liquids.
- Within 15 minutes of opening the packet, take it out.
- Consult a doctor if you have persistent abdominal upset, pain, or skin problems.
- Itching, rash, unusual coughing, congestion, worsening asthmatic symptoms
- Avoid aspirins and NSAIDs therapy if you are sensitive to aspirin.
Indications Of Montiget 4mg sachet/Powder
- This medicine is used for the treatment and prevention of symptoms associated with asthma (chronic inflammation disease of the lungs that causes a narrowing or swollen airways).
- To prevent breathing difficulties during exercise, it is also recommended before exercising.
- It can also be used to treat hay fever, which is a type of inflammation in the nose due to allergens in the air.
- Patients with high blood
- inflammation of the skin blood vessels and anxiety disorder (psychiatric conditions that involve extreme fear or concern) are not recommended to take it.
- You should not abruptly substitute oral or inhaled steroid therapy for it.
- For acute pain relief, do not use.
- If Churg Strauss Syndrome symptoms appear, discontinue use.
- This is a condition where blood vessels inflammation reduces blood flow to tissues and organs.
- Aspartame may be found in the chewable tablets.
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have Phenylketonuria, a condition that causes a decreased metabolism of the amino acids phenylalanine and other conditions that may affect your ability to safely take this medication.