- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
D-Cam Soft Gelatin Cap 2×15’s
D-Cam Soft Gelatin Cap 2×15’s a calcium supplement, is used to treat and prevent low calcium absorption in those who don’t consume enough calcium. D-Cam Soft can also be used to treat bone loss (osteoporosis), weaken bones (ostemalacia, rickets), hypoparathyroidism(decreased activity parathyroid gland) and muscle disease.
- Combination medication can be used to treat or prevent low blood Calcium levels in those who don’t get enough vitamin.
- It may be used to treat conditions caused by low calcium levels such as bone loss (osteoporosis), weak bones (osteomalacia/rickets), decreased activity of the parathyroid gland (hypoparathyroidism), and a certain muscle disease (latent tetany).
- Calcium plays an important role in the body.
- Calcium is essential for the normal functioning of nerves and cells as well as muscle and bone.
- The body will absorb calcium from bones if there isn’t enough calcium in its blood.
- Vitamins D help your body absorb calcium, phosphorous.
- It is essential to have the correct amounts of vitaminD, calcium and phosphorus for strong bones.
Side Effects Of D-Cam Soft Gelatin Cap 2×15’s
- Increased thirst
- Loss of appetite
- Increased urination
- Fast heartbeat
- Unusual weight loss
- This document doesn’t cover all possible drug interactions.
- Keep a list of all the products you use (including prescription/nonprescription drugs and herbal products) and share it with your doctor and pharmacist.
- Without your doctor’s permission, do not change, start or stop any medication.
- Some products may interact with this drug are digoxin and phosphate bindingers.
- Calcium can reduce the absorption of some drugs, such as tetracycline anti-biotics (such doxycycline, minocycline), bisphosphonates, such as alendronate, estramustine and levothyroxine), and quinolone antibiotics, such as ciprofloxacin or levofloxacin.
- Also, certain medications can decrease the absorption of vitamin D (bile acid sequestrants such as cholestyramine/colestipol, mineral oil, orlistat).
- You should keep your calcium/ Vitamin D doses separate from these medications.
- Ask your pharmacist or doctor about the time between doses.
- They can also help you find a schedule that works with your medications.
- Check the labels on all your prescription and nonprescription/herbal products (such as antacids, laxatives, vitamins) because they may contain calcium, phosphate, or vitamin D.
- Ask your pharmacist about using those products safely.
- Vitamin D is very similar in structure to calcitriol.
- Avoid taking calcitriol-containing medications while you are using vitamin D.
- The medication can cause false results in certain laboratory tests, including cholesterol tests.
- It is important to inform your doctor and laboratory personnel that you are taking this drug.
How to use
- This medication can be taken by mouth along with food.
- You can take your calcium citrate product with or without food.
- Follow the directions on your product packaging or follow your doctor’s instructions.
- If your daily dose exceeds 600 mg, you should divide it and spread it out throughout the day to ensure maximum absorption.
- Ask your doctor if you have any questions.
- Use a spoon or special measuring device to measure the liquid medication.
- You may not receive the right dose if you use a household spoon.
- Chew thoroughly before swallowing the chewable version of this medication.
- Take each capsule as a whole if you’re taking capsules.
- Do not crush, chew, or chew extended-release tablets.
- This can cause the drug to be released all at once, which could increase the chance of side effects.
- Take the entire tablet whole, without crushing or chewing.
- To get the best benefit, you should take this medication on a regular basis.
- Take it every day at the same time to help you remember.
- Do not use D-Cam Soft if you haven’t been prescribed by your doctor.
- Discuss your medical history with your doctor, including hypercalcemia, malabsorption syndrome and hypervitaminosis, before you take this drug.
- Tell your doctor if D-Cam is causing you to become allergic.
- Take D-Cam Soft in excess for immediate relief.
- Do not drive after taking D-Cam Soft.
- Don’t consume alcohol or marijuana while using D-Cam.
- If you are pregnant, or nursing, consult your doctor before using DCam Soft.