- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Zopent Tablets 40mg 20’s
Zopent Tablets 40mg 20’s is used to treat certain stomach and esophagus problems (such as acid reflux). It works by decreasing the amount of acid your stomach makes. This medication relieves symptoms such as heartburn, difficulty swallowing, and persistent cough. It’s usual to take pantoprazole once a day, first thing in the morning. If you take pantoprazole twice a day, take 1 dose in the morning and 1 dose in the evening. It’s best to take pantoprazole an hour before a meal. Swallow tablets whole with a drink of water.
Pantoprazole is used to treat damage from gastroesophageal reflux disease, a condition in which backward flow of acid from the stomach causes heartburn and possible injury of the esophagus (the tube between the throat and stomach) in adults and children 5 years of age and older. Pantoprazole tablets are taken by mouth, with or without food. Pantoprazole oral granules should be taken 30 minutes before a meal. Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Swallow it whole.
This medicine is used to treat duodenal ulcers (intestinal inflammation),
- benign gastric ulcer (stomach inflammation),
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (tumor of the pancreas characterized by overproduction of gastrin; causes increased gastric-acid production leading to intestinal inflammation),
- duodenal and gastric ulcer or gastritis (stomach infection) caused by Helicobacter Pylori (bacteria), and for preventing Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drug associated ulceration (inflammation),
- Treating and preventing reflux esophagitis (inflammation of the esophagus).
Side Effects Of Zopent Tablets 40mg 20’s
The patients administered with this medicine may experience,
- nausea and vomiting
- skin rashes
- fundic gland polyps (abnormal growths occurring in the stomach)
- subacute cutaneous lupus erythematosus (skin reaction occurring when exposed to sun).
When Not To Use
- Patients with allergies to any of the medicine’s components should avoid the use of this medicine.
- Please consult your doctor for further guidance.