- Reviews (0)
Xenglu-Met Tablets 12.5/500mg
Xenglu-Met Tablets 12.5/500mg is used with a proper diet and exercise program to control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Controlling high blood sugar helps prevent kidney damage, blindness, nerve problems, loss of limbs, and sexual function problems. Empagliflozin is a type of medicine known as a sodium-glucose co-transporter-2 (SGLT2) inhibitor. It reduces blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
Empagliflozin comes as a tablet to take by mouth. It is usually taken once a day in the morning with or without food. Take empagliflozin at around the same time every day. Follow the directions on your prescription label carefully, and ask your doctor or pharmacist to explain any part you do not understand.
Conclusion: Empagliflozin significantly reduced weight and adiposity indices with the potential to improve cardiometabolic risk among patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Empagliflozin and metformin combination is used with proper diet and exercise to treat high blood sugar levels caused by type 2 diabetes. It is also used to lower the risk of death in patients with type 2 diabetes and heart or blood vessel disease. Empagliflozin, sold under the brand name Jardiance among others, is a medication used together with diet and exercise to treat type 2 diabetes.
- Xenglu Tab (Empagliflozin) is used together with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
- Empagliflozin is also used to lower the risk of death from a heart attack, stroke, or heart failure in adults with type 2 diabetes who also have heart disease.
Side Effects Of Xenglu-Met Tablets 12.5/500mg
- Xenglu Tab can cause nausea,
- stomach upset
- headache or a metallic taste in the mouth may occur.
- A tablet may also appear in your stool.
When Not To Use
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug.