- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Kemadrin Tablet 5mg
Kemadrin Tablet 5mg is used to treat and relieve the signs of Parkinson’s disease such as: stiff muscles, paralysis and tremor. problems talking, writing and walking.
Uses Of Kemadrin Tablet 5mg
- Procyclidine is used to treat symptoms of Parkinson’s disease or involuntary movements due to the side effects of certain psychiatric drugs (antipsychotics such as chlorpromazine/haloperidol).
- Procyclidine belongs to a class of medication called anticholinergics that work by blocking a certain natural substance (acetylcholine).
- This helps decrease muscle stiffness, sweating, and the production of saliva, and helps improve walking ability in people with Parkinson’s disease.
- Anticholinergics can stop severe muscle spasms of the back, neck, and eyes that are sometimes caused by psychiatric drugs.
- It can also decrease other side effects such as muscle stiffness/rigidity (extrapyramidal signs-EPS).
- It is not helpful in treating movement problems caused by tardive dyskinesia and may worsen them.
- Do this after eating
- This medication should be taken daily at the same time throughout the day
- Do not drink during therapy.