- Reviews (0)
Dowvigil Tab 100mg 2×10’s
Modafinil is used to treat excessive sleepiness caused by narcolepsy (a condition that causes excessive daytime sleepiness) or shift work sleep disorder (sleepiness during scheduled waking hours and difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep during scheduled sleeping hours in people who work at night or on rotating shifts).
Modafinil is also used along with breathing devices or other treatments to prevent excessive sleepiness caused by obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome (OSAHS; a sleep disorder in which the patient briefly stops breathing or breathes shallowly many times during sleep and therefore doesn’t get enough restful sleep). Modafinil is in a class of medications called wakefulness promoting agents.
It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the area of the brain that controls sleep and wakefulness.
- Dowvigil Tab 100mg 2×10’s is a prescription medicine used to treat the symptoms of excessive sleepiness caused by obstructive sleep apnea
- shift work sleep disorder.
Side Effects Of Dowvigil Tab 100mg 2×10’s
Some patients might experience headache,
- difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- loss of appetite
- unusual tastes
- dry mouth
- excessive thirst
- tight muscles or difficulty moving
- back pain
- uncontrollable shaking of a part of your body
- numbness of the skin
- difficulty seeing or eye pain etc.
Consult your doctor in these cases.
When Not to Use
Modafinil should not be used under conditions like manic behavior,
- psychotic disorder
- suicidal thoughts
- aggressive behavior
- high blood pressure
- a heart attack
- a sudden worsening of heart related chest pain called angina
- a low supply of oxygen rich blood to the heart
- mitral valve prolapse syndrome
- left ventricular hypertrophy
- severe liver disease
- severe renal impairment and pregnancy.