- Reviews (0)
Betnovate-N Cream 20gm
Betnovate-N Cream 20gm is available as a cream and an ointment. It is a topical corticosteroid, which is applied to the body surface (skin). Betnovate N Cream 20gm is used to help relieve the redness, swelling, itching and discomfort of various skin problems such as: eczema
Betamethasone Valerate is a steroid medication. It is used for a number of diseases including rheumatic disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus, skin diseases such as dermatitis and psoriasis, allergic conditions such as asthma and angioedema, preterm labor to speed the development of the baby’s lungs, Crohn’s disease, cancers such as leukemia, and along with fludrocortisone for adrenocortical insufficiency, among others. It can be taken by mouth, injected into a muscle, or applied to the skin topically in cream, lotion, or liquid forms.
This medicine is used to treat,
- Psoriasis (skin disease characterized by red
- itchy and scaly patches)
- Lichen simplex (dry patchy skin)
- planus eczema (inflammatory disorders causing purplish flat skin bumps)
- otitis externa (ear inflammation)
- prurigo (intensely itchy spots)
- seborrheic dermatitis (skin condition mainly affecting the scalp)
- contact dermatitis (red, itchy rash due to allergy)
- steroid-responsive dermatoses of the scalp (skin lesion or defect of the scalp), and severe dandruff.
Side Effects Of Betnovate-N Cream 20gm
The patients administered with this medicine may experience,
- irritation at application site
- redness and dryness
- pruritus (severe skin itching)
- numbness of fingers
- skin cracking/tightening
- secondary infection (infection occurring other than the primary infection)
- skin atrophy (skin degeneration)
- telangiectasia (small, widened blood vessels)
- cushingoid changes (changes due to excess of cortisol related medicine/agent)
- adrenal suppression
When Not To Use
The patients receiving monotherapy for primary bacterial infections such as,
- impetigo (skin infection)
- paronychia (fingernail or toenail skin inflammation)
- erysipelas (bacterial skin infection)
- cellulitis (skin infection causing red, painful patches)
- angular cheilitis (inflammation of mouth corners or area around mouth) and erythrasma (skin infection affecting underarms, groin and skin between toes)
- treatment for rosacea (enlarged facial blood vessels), and with perioral dermatitis (red rash around mouth) or acne,
- untreated fungal or viral infections or parasitic infestations
- acne or rosacea
- perioral dermatitis
- widespread plaque psoriasis (red, itchy skin)
- perianal or genital pruritus (severe skin itching) and pruritus without inflammation should avoid use of this medicine.
- Patients with eye problems, local irritation, or visual impairments should be careful.
- Use of large areas may cause systemic (overall) effects.
- Skin atrophy (skin loss) may occur if the product is used over highly absorbtive areas.
- It should not be used to treat diaper dermatoses, or skin lesions and defects that are associated with diaper usage in infants.
- Avoid prolonged use and contact with the eye and mucous membranes.