- Reviews (0)
Synflex Tablets 550mg 20’s
This tablet belongs to a family of medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti- Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs). Your doctor may have prescribed Synflex for another purpose. Although Synflex can relieve the symptoms of pain and inflammation, it will not cure your condition.
Naproxen is used to relieve pain from various conditions such as headache, muscle aches, tendonitis, dental pain, and menstrual cramps. It also reduces pain, swelling, and joint stiffness caused by arthritis, bursitis, and gout attacks. This medication is known as a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID).
This medicine is used in the treatment of,
- rheumatoid arthritis (an autoimmune condition with joint inflammation)
- osteoarthritis (inflammation in the bones)
- ankylosing spondylitis (an inflammatory condition that results in the fusion of bones in your spine)
- musculoskeletal disorders
- acute gout (a complex form of arthritis)
- dysmenorrhea (painful menstrual cramps)
- migraine (brain disorder that causes intense headaches) and post-operative pain.
Side Effects Of Synflex Tablets 550mg 20’s
- GI upset
- bleeding and ulceration
- abdominal pain
- Skin and hypersensitivity (allergy) reactions
- tinnitus(perception of noise or ringing in the ears)
- edema (fluid retention)
- hypertension (high blood pressure)
- cardiac (heart)
- dyspnea (difficulty in breathing )
- impaired hearing
- visual disturbances, and thirst among other effects.
Consult your doctor for further details and if your notice any other effects.
When Not To Use
- This medicine is contraindicated in patients with allergies to anti-inflammatory medications.
- It is also contraindicated in patients with stomach and intestinal ulcers, hemorrhage (blood leakage from a ruptured blood vessel), bleeding diathesis (unusual susceptibility to bleed).
- Patients with hepatic (liver) and renal (kidney) failure should also avoid this medication.
- Eat immediately after eating.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablet. Take the tablet whole and drink a glass water.
- After taking this medicine, do not lay down for more than 15 minutes.
- Consult a doctor immediately if you take the medication for longer than 10 days.
- If you experience constant stomach pain, cramps, or bloody stool, discontinue your medication immediately and notify your doctor.
- Do not consume alcohol while in therapy.
- If prescribed, take sufficient fluids (2-3 Liters daily) to keep hydrated.
- Consult your doctor before taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medication or aspirin containing medicine.
- Every week, check your weight and report any unusual weight gain (3-5 lbs each week).
- It is not recommended for pregnant women to take it during the final trimester.
Indications of Synflex Tablets 550mg 20’s
- rheumatoid (an autoimmune condition that causes joint inflammation)
- ankylosing spinelitis (an inflammation condition that results in the fusion or destruction of bones)
- musculoskeletal disorders and acute gout (a complex type of arthritis)
- dysmenorrhea (“painful menstruation”)
- migraine (brain disorder that causes severe headaches) as well as post-operative pain.
- aspirin/anti-inflammatory induced allergy
- active gastric or duodenal ulcer (sores on stomach or upper part of small intestine)
- severe heart failure
- haemorrhage (internal bleeding due to rupture of a vessel)
- bleeding diathesis (a tendency to bleed easily)
- hepatic (liver) and renal (kidney) impairment and in patients with creatinine clearance <20ml/min.
Patients with kidney (kidney or liver) impairments, elderly patients, and patients allergic to naproxen, as well as those with renal (kidney or liver) impairments, asthma (a disorder that causes difficulty in breathing due the narrowing of the airways), cerebrovascular diseases (conditions in which blood flow is affected to the brain) or peripheral vessels disease (conditions in which vessels outside of the brain, heart, or brain narrow, block, or spasm), hypertension, hypovolemia (decreased in blood volume), and visual disturbances) are all of the drug). Long-term naproxen therapy should be closely monitored. Short term therapy should only be performed at the lowest effective dose.