- Reviews (0)
Decadron Injection 4mg 1Vialx5ml
Decadron Injection 4mg 1Vialx5ml is a corticosteroid, similar to a natural hormone produced by the adrenal glands, used to treat arthritis, skin, blood, kidney, eye, thyroid, intestinal disorders, severe allergies, and asthma. Decadron Injection 4mg 1Vialx5ml is also used to treat certain types of cancer and occasionally, cerebral edema. For some patients the medicine may be given as an injection into the painful area itself, usually once every three to five days or once every 2-3 weeks depending on your response.
Stomach upset, heartburn, headache, trouble sleeping, increased appetite, or pain/redness/swelling at the injection site may occur. If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly. In particular, corticosteroids have been shown to reduce spontaneous discharge in an injured nerve, which reduces neuropathic pain. Dexamethasone is the most commonly prescribed corticosteroid for pain, but prednisone or prednisolone can also be used. Corticosteroids are commonly used medications to treat many diseases including sinusitis, nasal polyps, allergies, and asthma. They are potent drugs and affect many organ systems.
Uses Of Decadron Injection 4mg 1Vialx5ml
This medicine is indicated in infected inflammatory conditions.
- Decadron (dexamethasone) is a corticosteroid similar to a natural hormone produced by the adrenal glands used to treat arthritis, skin, blood, kidney, eye, thyroid, intestinal disorders, severe allergies, and asthma.
- Decadron is also used to treat certain types of cancer and occasionally, cerebral edema.
- In particular, corticosteroids have been shown to reduce spontaneous discharge in an injured nerve, which reduces neuropathic pain.
- Dexamethasone is the most commonly prescribed corticosteroid for pain, but prednisone or prednisolone can also be used.
Side Effects Of Decadron Injection 4mg 1Vialx5ml
- Patients using this medication may at times experience corneal thinning,
- fungal infection and a rise in intraocular (eye) pressure.
- If you experience any of these symptoms for a long period of time, consult your doctor immediately.
When Not To Use?
- Decadron Inj 4mg 1Vialx5ml should not be used in patients with viral,
- tuberculous or purulent infections of the eye.
How to use Decadron injection?
- According to the type of product you have the medication is administered via injection into a muscle, vein joint, joint, or the skin, as prescribed by your physician.
- Follow the instructions of your doctor attentively.
- The dosage will be determined by the medical condition and the response to treatment.
- Your doctor might try to decrease your dosage slowly periodically to reduce the risk of side negative effects.
- If you’re administering this medication to you at home you must learn the entire preparation and dosage directions with your health care expert.
- Before use, inspect the product’s appearance for the presence of particles, or any discoloration.
- If any of these are present Do not apply the product.
- Learn to safely store and dispose of medical equipment safely.
- Decadron Inj 4mg 1Vialx5ml contains inactive ingredients that could trigger reactions to allergies or other issues.
- Consult your pharmacist for further information.
- Before you start using this medication you must inform your physician or pharmacist about the medical information you have particularly of infections (such as herpes, tuberculosis fungal infections).
- liver disease
- kidney disease
- mental/mood issues (such as anxiety, psychosis depression).
- minerals imbalance (such as a low level of calcium/potassium in the blood).
- thyroid disease stomach/intestinal issues (such as ulcerative colitis, ulcerative diverticulitis, diarrhea that is not explained).
- cardiovascular conditions (such as heart failure or a recent heart attacks) and eye diseases.
- diabetes (such as glaucoma, cataracts and herpes infections within the eye) as well as loss of bone (osteoporosis) blood clots.
Before you start taking dexamethasone, inform your doctor or pharmacist if you’re allergic to it or if you’ve experienced other reactions to it. Decadron Inj 4mg, 1Vialx5ml is made inactive ingredients that can cause reactions to allergies or other problems. Ask your physician for more details.
Before beginning to use this medication, it is important to inform your doctor or pharmacist regarding the medical history you’re suffering from, especially of illnesses (such as tuberculosis, herpes fungal infections) kidney diseases, mental/mood problems (such as psychosis, anxiety depression) or imbalances in minerals (such as a deficiency of calcium or potassium in blood) thyroid issues stomach/intestinal (such such as ulcerative colitis diarrhoea, ulcerative diverticulitis that’s undiagnosed) or hypertension. Cardiovascular disorders (such like heart disease or recent heart attack) and eye disorders and eye diseases, diabetes (such as cataracts, glaucoma and herpes-related infections inside the eye) and reduction in bones (osteoporosis) blood clots.