- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Covam 5mg+160mg Tablet
Covam 5mg+160mg Tablet (Amlodipine + Valsartan) is a fixed combination of amlodipine and valsartan. Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet contains the besylate salt of amlodipine, a dihydropyridine calcium-channel blocker. Chemically, Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet is described as 3-Ethyl-5- methyl (4RS)- 2-[(2-aminoethoxy) methyl] 4-(2-chlorophenyl)-6-methyl-1, 4-dihydropyridine-3,5- dicarboxylate benzenesulphonate.Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet molecular formula is C20H25ClN2O5•C6H6O3S.
Valsartan is a nonpeptide, orally active and specific angiotensin II antagonist acting on the AT1 receptor subtype.Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet chemical name is N-(1-oxopentyl)-N-[[21 -(1Htetrazol-5-yl) [1,11 -biphenyl]-4 yl]methyl]-L-valine. The molecular formula is C24H29N5O. Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet is used to treat high blood pressure. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems.
Covam 5mg+160mg Tablet Tabletcontains 2 medications: amlodipine and valsartan. They both work by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily. Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker and valsartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB). Its indication are as , for the treatment of hypertension in: Patients whose blood pressure is not adequately controlled on either monotherapy. Patients who are likely to need multiple drugs to achieve their blood pressure goals.
- Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet is indicated for the treatment of hypertension.
- It is also used to prevent certain types of chest pain (angina).
Side Effects Of Covam 5mg+160mg Tablet
- Inflammation of the nose and throat
- Nausea or stomach pain
- Swelling of the feet
- lower legs
- tiredness may occur as your body adjusts to the medication.
- Dry cough or abdominal/stomach pain may also occur.
- If any of these effects last or get worse, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- To reduce the risk of dizziness and lightheadedness get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
When not to use
- Covam 5 plus 160 Mg Tablet is contraindicated in liver impairment.
- Severe renal impairment and hypersensitiviy to the drug.