- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Avodart Capsule 0.5mg 30’s
Avodart Capsule 0.5mg 30’s is used in men to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostatic hyperplasia-BPH). It works by reducing the size of the enlarged prostate. Some people can feel improvement in symptoms as soon as 3 months, while for others it may take up to 6 months to see benefits.
The recommended dose of this Capsule is one capsule (0.5 mg) taken orally once a day. The capsules should be swallowed whole and not chewed or opened as contact with the capsule contents may result in irritation of the oropharyngeal mucosa. The capsules may be taken with or without food.
Dutasteride, sold under the brand name Avodart among others, is a medication primarily used to treat the symptoms of an enlarged prostate. A few months may be required before benefits occur. It is also used for scalp hair loss in men and as a part of hormone therapy in transgender women. It is taken by mouth.
- This medicine is used in men to treat and control the symptoms of an enlarged prostate (benign prostate hyperplasia).
- it relieves symptoms of prostate hyperplasia by reducing the risk of urinary retention and the need for surgery.
Side Effects Of Avodart Capsule 0.5mg 30’s
The most common side-effects are,
- male sexual dysfunction,
- breast tenderness and gynecomastia (enlarged breast tissue).
- Headache or cough may occur.
- fast/pounding heartbeat,
- changes in menstrual cycles,
- bone fracture,
- vision changes (such as color changes or night vision problems).
When Not To Use
- This medicine is contraindicated in women and children.
- It should also be avoided in patients with liver impairment and patients allergic to soy or peanut.
- Before taking rosiglitazone, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it; or to other glitazones such as pioglitazone; or if you have any other allergies.
- This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
- Talk to your pharmacist for more details.