Zinacef Tablet 250 mg 14’s Cefuroxime
Zinacef Tablet 250 mg 14’s Cefuroxime is a cephalosporin antibiotic used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. Zinacef may also be used before and during certain surgeries to help prevent infection.As with the other cephalosporins, it is susceptible to beta-lactamase, although as a second-generation variety, it is less so. Hence, it may have greater activity against Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, and Lyme disease. Unlike other second-generation cephalosporins, cefuroxime can cross the blood-brain barrier.
A systematic review found high quality evidence that injecting the eye with cefuroxime after cataract surgery will lower the chance of developing endophthalmitis after surgery.
Cefuroxime is generally well tolerated, and its side effects are usually transient. If ingested after food, this antibiotic is both better absorbed and less likely to cause its most common side effects of diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, headaches/migraines, dizziness, and abdominal pain compared to most antibiotics in its class.
Although a widely stated cross-allergic risk of about 10% exists between cephalosporins and penicillin, recent assessments have shown no increased risk for a cross-allergic reaction for cefuroxime and several other second-generation or later cephalosporins.
Uses Of Zinacef Tablet 250 mg 14’s Cefuroxime
This medicine is used in,
- lung infections
- skin and soft tissue infections
- meningitis (inflammation of membrane covering brain)
- urinary tract infections
- gonorrhoea (sexually transmitted disease)
This medicine is also used in different surgical procedures and in serious infections.
This medicine may cause pain at,
- injection site
- stomach upset
- candidiasis (oral or vaginal infection)
- disorders which decrease white blood cell types (neutropenia, leucopenia)
- increased liver enzymes and blood urea
- positive coomb’s test (test which detect antibodies against red blood cells).
Please contact your Doctor.
When Not To Use
- Please consult your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant.
- Please consult your doctor before using this medicine when breast feeding.