- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Stomacol Tablets 5×10’s
Stomacol Tablets 5×10’s can be described as an anti-emetic (anti-sickness) also known as prokinetic. It is part of a family of medications known as dopamine antagonists. It is utilized to treat stomach-related ailments including nausea or vomiting and stomach discomfort and stomach pain that is due to decreased mobility of stomachs and the upper digestive (GI) tract. It also helps increase the supply of breastmilk.
Domperidone acts by blocking dopamine receptors within the stomach. It can increase the contraction or movement of the stomach and intestines, making it easier and faster food is moved throughout the digestive system. It also influences the chemoreceptor trigger zone within the brain that plays a role in vomiting and nausea.
This brain region is not part of the blood-brain barrier. Contrary to other dopamine antagonists Domperidone is not able to cross the blood-brain-barrier, that reduces the central nervous system (CNS) adverse consequences.
- It is a medication which increases the movements or contractions of stomach and bowel.
- It can also be used to treat vomiting and nausea due to other drugs that are used for treating Parkinson’s Disease.
Side Effects Of Stomacol Tablets 5×10’s
- Change in appetite
- stomach cramps.
When Not To Use
Hypersensitivity to the medication, patient suffering from Tumor of the Pituitary gland, and heart problems.
- Fungal infections like anti-fungals azole, including fluconazole, ketoconazole and voriconazole.
- Bacterial infections, including clarithromycin, erythromycin moxifloxacin pentamidine (these are antibiotics)
- Heart issues (high blood pressure) or heart problems (amiodarone dronedarone, quinidineand disopyramideand dofetilide as well as verapamil, sotalol, diltiazem,)
- Psychoses (haloperidol, pimozide, sertindole)
- Depression (citalopram, escitalopram)
- Gastro-intestinal disorders (cisapride, dolasetron, prucalopride)
- Allergy (mequitazine, mizolastine)
- Malaria (in particular halofantrine)
- AIDS/HIV (protease inhibitors)
- Cancer (toremifene, vandetanib, vincamine)
Inform your physician or pharmacist whether you are taking medication to treat a heart problems , or HIV/AIDS.
Consult your physician prior to taking domperidone in case you suffer from kidney deficiency (kidney disease).