- Reviews (0)
Meronem IV Injection 1000mg 1Vial
Meronem IV Injection 1000mg 1Vial is injection is used to treat skin and abdominal (stomach area) infections caused by bacteria and meningitis (infection of the membranes that surround the brain and spinal cord) in adults and children 3 months of age and older. Meropenem injection is in a class of medications called antibiotics
Meropenem is a broad-spectrum carbapenem antibiotic. It is active against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. Meropenem exerts its action by penetrating bacterial cells readily and interfering with the synthesis of vital cell wall components, which leads to cell death.
Uses Of Meronem IV Injection 1000mg 1Vial
This medicine is used in the treatment of pneumonia (infection of lungs),
- Urinary tract infections (infection in either the kidney
- Bladder, or urethra)
- Intra-abdominal infections (infections occurring in the abdominal cavity e.g appendicitis or fecal peritonitis)
- Gynaecological infections (infections in the vagina or genital tract)
- Skin infections
- Soft tissue infections
- Meningitis (inflammation of the layer covering the brain)
- Septicaemia (blood poisoning) and febrile neutropenia (fever in patients with low white blood cells).
Patients using this medication may at times experience a rash
- Abdominal pain
- Candidiasis (an oral or vaginal infection caused by candida fungus)
- Pseudomembranous colitis (swelling of the colon).
If you experience any of these symptoms please consult your doctor immediately.
When Not to Use
- This medicine should not be taken by patients who are allergic to meropenem, carbapenem or have a history of anaphylactic reaction to beta-lactams.
- Please consult your doctor if you are unsure about your allergies.
- Consult your Doctor.
- The recommended dose of MERREM IV is 500 mg given every 8 hours for skin and skin structure infections and 1 gram given every 8 hours for intra-abdominal infections.
- When treating complicated skin and skin structure infections caused by P. aeruginosa, a dose of 1 gram every 8 hours is recommended.