- Reviews (0)
Cac-1000 Plus Orange Flavour Tablets 10’s
Cac-1000 Plus Orange Flavour Tablets 10’s is a calcium supplement in effervescent tablet format available in 4 flavors; Orange, Lemon, Cola and Mango (sugar-free). CaC-1000 PLUS has strong scientific credentials as it has a unique formulation of double calcium in the form of Calcium Carbonate and Calcium Lactate Gluconate.
In healthy people, calcium supplementation is not necessary for maintaining bone mineral density, and carries risks that outweigh any benefits. Calcium intake is not significantly associated with hip fracture risk in either men or women. The U.S. Preventive Service Task Force recommends against a daily supplement of calcium or vitamin D. Although a slight increase in bone mineral density occurred in healthy children from calcium supplementation.
In young adults with normal blood pressure, additional calcium intake caused a small reduction of systolic and diastolic blood pressure. By contrast, a study investigating the effects of personal calcium supplementation on cardiovascular risk in the Women’s Health Initiative Calcium/Vitamin D Supplementation Study found a modestly increased risk of cardiovascular events, particularly myocardial infarction in postmenopausal women. A broad recommendation of calcium/vitamin D supplements is therefore not warranted. A 2013 literature review concluded that the benefits of calcium supplementation in some studies.
This medication is used for prophylaxis(preventive) and treatment of calcium deficiency.
Side effects of supplement can include a,
- mild increase in the calcium ions of blood
- resulting in constipation
- loss of appetite
- Severe increase in the calcium ions can be manifested by confusion, disturbed state of mind, stupor (near unconsciousness), and coma.
- Other effects could be severe itching and allergic reactions.
When Not To Use
- This supplement should not be used when there is an increase in the calcium ions in the blood.
- It should also not be given in patients with kidney stones.