- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Zyloric Tablets 300mg 30’s
Zyloric Tablets 300mg 30’s work by slowing down the speed of certain chemical reactions in your body to lower the level of uric acid in the blood and urine. Zyloric is used: to reduce or prevent the formation of urate/uric acid deposition in conditions where your body produces too much of a substance called uric acid.
This Tablets sold under the brand name Zyloprim among others, is a medication used to decrease high blood uric acid levels. It is specifically used to prevent gout, prevent specific types of kidney stones and high uric acid levels that can occur with chemotherapy. It is taken by mouth or injected into a vein.
Allopurinol was approved for medical use in the United States in 1966. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system. Allopurinol is available as a generic medication. In 2017, it was the 54th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than fourteen million prescriptions.
Allopurinol is used to reduce urate formation in conditions where urate deposition has already occurred or is predictable. The specific diseases and conditions where it is used include gouty arthritis, skin tophi, kidney stones, idiopathic gout; uric acid lithiasis; acute uric acid nephropathy; neoplastic disease and myeloproliferative disease with high cell turnover rates, in which high urate levels occur either spontaneously, or after cytotoxic therapy; certain enzyme disorders which lead to overproduction of urate.
This Tablets are used in the treatment of,
- gout (metabolism of uric acid is disturbed in this disease-causing arthritis; bone/joint disorder)
- uric acid lithiasis (stony formation of uric acid crystals).
Side Effects Of Zyloric Tablets 300mg 30’s
Patients using this medication may at times experience,
- skin reaction
- rashes, and acute gout (sudden, severe attacks of pain and tenderness in the joints).
If you experience any of these symptoms for a long period of time, consult your doctor immediately.
When Not To Use
This Tablets should not be used in acute gout (sudden, severe pain and tenderness in the joints).
How To Use
- Use the medicine by by mouth at least once a day or according to the prescription of your physician.
- It is recommended to take this medication before meals to prevent gastric upset.
- If your dosage will be more then 300 milligrams per day, you’ll need to take a few smaller doses throughout each day, to get the amount you need (ask your physician for instructions).
- The best to take a glass of water after every dose, and at minimum, eight more glasses (8 ounces each) of fluids per day.
- If your doctor has instructed you to drink fewer fluids due to different medical reasons, speak to your doctor for more information.
- Your doctor might also guide your on how to reduce the acidity within the urine (such as avoiding excessive quantities of ascorbic acid(also known as vitamin C).