- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Zetro 500mg Tab
Zetro 500mg Tab (Azithromycin) is nitrogen containing macrolide or azalide for oral administration. Chemically This Tablet is (2R, 3S, 4R, 5R, 8R, 10R, 11R, 12S, 13S, 14R)-13-[(2,6-dideoxy-3-C-methyl-3-O-methyl-α-L-ribohexopyranosyl)oxy]-2-ethyl-3,4,10-trihydroxy-3,5,6,8,10,12,14-hepta methyl-11-[[3,4,6-trideoxy-3-(dimethylamino)-β-D-xylo-hexopyranosyl]oxy]- 1-oxa-6-azacyclopenta decan-15-one. Zetro 500mg Tab molecular formula is C38H72N2O12. This Tab (Azithromycin) is used to treat infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract , skin and soft tissue.
RECAUTIONS – This Tablet (Azithromycin) should not be used in patients with pneumonia who are judged to be inappropriate for oral therapy because of risk factors such as: − Patients with cystic fibrosis. − Patients with nosocomially acquired infections. − Patients with known or suspected bacteremia. − Patients requiring hospitalization. − Elderly or debilitated patients.
Antacids: In patients receiving both this tablet (Azithromycin) and antacids, the drugs should not be taken simultaneously. Azithromycin should be taken at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after the antacid. Cyclosporine: Caution should be exercised before considering concurrent administration of these drugs. If co-administration of these drugs is necessary, cyclosporine levels should be monitored and the dose adjusted accordingly.
This medicine is used to treat or indicates for,
- infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract.
- skin and soft tissue.
- It is also used to treat otitis media(inflammation and infection of the ear) as well as uncomplicated genital infections.
Side Effects Of Zetro 500mg Tab
- GI upset
- photosensitivity (light sensitivity)
- arthralgia (joint pain)
- edema (fluid retention)
- abnormal liver function
- (liver failure) cholestatic jaundice (disease of the live which causes yellowing of the eyes).
- convulsions (body muscles contract and relax repeatedly)
- somnolence(drowsiness )
- kidney disorders and even acute renal failure( severe kidney failure)
- palpitations(racing heart sensation)
- arrhythmias (irregular heart beat) among many other effects.
Consult your healthcare provider for further details.
When Not To Use
This Tablet should not be used in patients with hepatic (liver) disease.
How To Use
Take this medicine by mouth with or without food.
- Eat a tablet along with your meals.
- The capsule should be taken 1 hour prior to or 2 hours following meals
- Suspension oral can be taken with or without food
- Do not consume antacids with magnesium or aluminum .
- Take the full course of treatment even when you feel better.
- Make sure you drink enough fluids each day to ensure your hydration (2-3 litres daily ) or unless your physician has advised you otherwise.
- Consult your physician immediately when you see oral sores, vaginal ulcers and vaginal sores. Also, you may notice vaginal discharge, or untreated fever.
Before you start using this medication be sure to inform your doctor of your entire medical history, including long-term heart rhythm irregular heartbeats, low levels of potassium and magnesium kidney or liver impairment, myasthenia Gravis as well as galactose intolerance.