- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Zentel Oral Suspension 10ml
Zentel Oral Suspension 10ml is used to clear worms or parasites from the gut and other tissues. ZENTEL is effective against threadworm or pinworm, roundworm, whipworm, tapeworm and hookworm among others. ZENTEL is thought to kill these worms by causing them to starve. The eggs, larvae and adult worms are affected.
Zentel Oral Suspension 10ml was developed in 1975. It is on the World Health Organization’s List of Essential Medicines.
Uses Of Zentel Oral Suspension 10ml
- This medicine is used in the management of hydatid cysts caused by parasitic organisms, and is used pre/post-operatively in combination with other medicines in patients with hydatid disease.
- Cestodes (tapeworms), as an alternative to praziquantel or niclosamide for adult beef tapeworms (Taenia saginata) and as an alternative to praziquantel for pork tapeworms (T. solium).It is also given for infections by T. crassiceps.Though praziquantel is often better at treating tapeworm infections, albendazole is used more often in endemic countries due to being cheaper and having a broader spectrum.
- Patients using this medication may at times experience GI (gastro-intestinal) disturbances
- rash and reversible alopecia (baldness).
- If you experience any of these symptoms for a long period of time
- consult your doctor immediately.
When Not To Use
This medicine should not be used by pregnant women and non-hormonal contraceptive measures should be taken during and for one month after treatment.