- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Tagamet Tablets 400mg 10s
Cimetidine was developed in 1971 and came into commercial use in 1977.Cimetidine was approved in the United Kingdom in 1976, and was approved in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration for prescriptions in 1979.
- Tagamet Tablets 400mg 10s drug is used for the treatment of acute gastritis which can manifest as heart burn,
- epigastric pain
- actue aggravation of chronic gastritis.
Side Effects Of Tagamet Tablets 400mg 10s
- It can cause diarrhea
- development of breats in males
- occasional reversible liver damage and confusion.
- Very rarely it can also cause interstitial nephritis (increased spaces between kidney tubules)
- acute pancreatitis (inflammation of pancreas)
- decreased platelet count
- decreased WBC count
- decrease in all kinds of blood cells
- aplastic anemia
- muscular pain
- joint pain
- sinus bradycardia
- increased heart rate
- heaart block
- reversible impotence
- Tagamet Tablets 200mg 10s appears to be very safe in overdose, producing no symptoms even with massive overdoses.
When Not To Use
You should not use cimetidine if you are allergic to cimetidine or Cimetidine systemic 400 mg.
- This drug can be used to treat acute gastritis, which may manifest as epigastric pain
- indigestion or actue aggravation chronic gastritis.
Can Cimetidine be used under pregnancy?
Cimetidine is not recommended for use during pregnancy.
Will this drug induce vomiting?
It’s not meant to cause vomiting.
Will this drug give me nausea and/or depression
Nausea is a common side-effect of this drug. Severe side effects can cause mental mood changes.
Is this drug safe to take in a patient with hypertension?
Yes, Cimetidine lowers blood pressure at first but then returns it to normal within minutes.