- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Ponstan Tablets 250mg 600’s
Mefenamic acid is used to relieve mild to moderate pain, including menstrual pain (pain that happens before or during a menstrual period). Mefenamic acid is in a class of medications called NSAIDs. It works by stopping the body’s production of a substance that causes pain, fever, and inflammation.
Mefenamic acid works by reducing hormones called prostaglandins in the lining of your uterus (womb). These hormones can cause heavy periods and period pain. Mefenamic acid helps to ease period pain and reduce heavy bleeding from periods, but does not reduce the number of days the period lasts.
Uses Of Ponstan Tablets 250mg 600’s
This medication is used for treating mild to moderate pain such as,
- menstrual cramps
- migraines and pain in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Ponstan Tablet 250mg is a Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory (NSAID) medicine used to relieve pain associated with acute musculoskeletal disorders such as sprains,
- rheumatoid arthritis
- It also relieves dental pain, post-operative and post-partum pain.
- It helps to relieve pain and cramps during menstrual periods.
- Common side effects are skin rash (discontinue the use)
- renal impairment (poor functioning)
- rise in level of liver enzymes and gastric intolerance to drug that appears as stomach upset.
When Not to Use
- Ulcers and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract
- renal (kidney) and hepatic (liver) impairment.
- This medicine should be taken with food.