- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Fortide Inhaler 200/6mcg
Fortide Inhaler 200/6mcg contains Budesonide + Formoterol fumarate dihydrate. Budesonide is a synthetic corticosteroid. Chemically, it is (RS)-11ß, 16 , 17,21- Tetrahydroxypregna-1,4-diene-3,20-dione cyclic 16,17-acetal with butyraldehyde. Its molecular formula is C25H34O6. Formoterol fumarate dihydrate is a long-acting selective ß2 adrenoceptor agonist. Chemically, it is (R,R)-(±)-N-[2-hydroxy-5-[1-hydroxy-2-[[2(4-methoxyphenyl)-1- methylethyl]amino]ethyl]phenyl]formamide, (E)-2-butendioate(2:1), dihydrate.
Its molecular formula is C42H56N4O14. Before using Fortide Inhaler, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to budesonide or formoterol; or to arformoterol; or if you have any other allergies.Fortide Inhaler may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems.
Talk to your pharmacist for more details. Before using Fortide Inhaler , tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: current/past infections (such as tuberculosis, herpes), high blood pressure, heart disease (such as chest pain, heart attack .
- FORTIDE (Budesonide + Formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is indicated for: Treatment of Asthma FORTIDE (Budesonide + Formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is indicated for the treatment of asthma in patients 12 years of age and older.
- Maintenance Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) FORTIDE (Budesonide + Formoterol fumarate dihydrate) is indicated for the twice daily maintenance treatment of airflow obstruction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease including chronic bronchitis and emphysema.
Side Effects Of Fortide Inhaler 200/6mcg
Common Candida infections in the oropharynx,
- mild irritation in the throat
- coughing and hoarseness.
- Uncommon Aggression
- psychomotor hyperactivity
- sleep disorders
- bruises and muscle cramps.
- Rare Immediate and delayed hypersensitivity reactions, e.g. exanthema,
- angioedema and anaphylactic reaction
- cardiac arrhythmias, e.g. atrial fibrillation
- supraventricular tachycardia
- extrasystoles and bronchospasm.
- Very Rare Cushing’s syndrome
- adrenal suppression
- growth retardation
- decrease in bone mineral density
- behavioural changes
- angina pectoris
- prolongation of QTc-interval and variations in blood pressure .
When not to use
- In patients with known hypersensitivity.
- In primary treatment of status asthmaticus or other acute episodes of asthma or COPD where intensive measures are required.
How it works
- Fortide HFA Inhaler 200/6mcg 1 Inhaler reduces the swelling and irritation in the airways.
- It is part of the class of medications called long-acting beta agonists.
- It is used to relax the muscles surrounding the airways, in order to make them more open and allow you to breathe more comfortably.