- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Depo-Medrol 80mg Injection
Methylprednisolone aceponate, or methylprednisolone acetate propionate, sold under the brand names Advantan and Avancort, is a glucocorticoid and a corticosteroid ester—specifically the C17α propionate and C21 acetate diester of methylprednisolone.
It is used to treat pain and swelling that occurs with arthritis and other joint disorders.
This medication may also be used to treat various conditions such as,
- blood disorders
- severe allergic reactions
- certain cancers
- eye conditions
- skin/intestinal/kidney/lung diseases, and immune system disorders.
Side Effects Of Depo-Medrol 80mg Injection
- trouble sleeping
- appetite changes
- increased sweating
- acne, or pain/redness/swelling at the injection site may occur.
- If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
- This medication may make your blood sugar rise, which can cause or worsen diabetes.
- Tell your doctor right away if you have symptoms of high blood sugar such as increased thirst/urination.
- If you already have diabetes, check your blood sugar regularly as directed and share the results with your doctor.
- Your doctor may need to adjust your diabetes medication, exercise program, or diet.
When Not To Use
- Contraindicated in viral diseases.
- This medicine should be taken with food.