- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Claritek Drops 125mg/5ml
Claritek Drops 125mg/5ml is a semi-synthetic macrolide antibiotic obtained by substitution of the hydroxyl group in position 6 by a CH30 group in the erythromycin lactonic ring. Chemically clarithromycin is 6-0-Methylerythromycin. The molecular formula of Claritek 125mg Drops is C38H69NO13 . Its indication are as , for treatment of infections due to susceptible organisms. Such infections include: Lower respiratory tract infections (e.g., bronchitis, pneumonia). Upper respiratory tract infections (e.g., pharyngitis, sinusitis, tonsillitis). Acute otitis media in children. Skin and soft tissue infections (e.g., folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas). Leprosy.
Disseminated or localized mycobacterial infections due to Mycobacterium avium or Mycobacterium intracellulare. Localized infections due to Mycobacterium chelonae, Mycobacterium fortuitum, or Mycobacterium kansasii. Claritek 125mg Drops is also used in some countries as an alternative to penicillins for prophylaxis of endocarditis. To eradicate Helicobacter pylori in treatment regimens for peptic ulcer disease.
Claritek 125mg Drops has been tried in protozoal infections, including toxoplasmosis. Clarithromycin tablets and granules for oral suspension are indicated for the prevention
of disseminated Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) disease in patients with advanced HIV infection.
- Claritek Drops 125mg/5ml Drops (25ml) is used in lower and upper respiratory tract infections,
- Bronchitis (inflammation in lungs).
- skin and soft tissue (muscles, tendons, ligaments etc) infections.
- It is used to treat certain bacterial infections, such as pneumonia (a lung infection).
- bronchitis (infection of the tubes leading to the lungs) and infections of the ears, sinuses and throat .
Side Effects Of Claritek Drops 125mg/5ml
Some patients might experience stomach upset,
- Paraesthesia (tingling sensation due to nerve damage)
- Stomatitis (inflammation of mouth or lips) or Glossitis (inflammation of tongue).
- headache and changes in taste may occur.
- If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
When not to use
Clarithromycin contraindicated for patients who have a history of hypersensitivity to clarithromycin or erythromycin or any other macrolide antibacterial drugs.