Cefiget 400mg capsule
Cefiget Capsule 400mg 5s is marketed by Getz Pharma. It falls under the category of Antibiotics. The ingredient included in Cefiget 400mg capsule is Cefixime trihydrate 400mg. Cefiget Capsule is indicated for treatment of infection.
Cefiget 400mg capsule is a third generation semisynthetic cephalosporin antibiotic. Cephalosporins are derivatives of 7-aminocephalosporic acid and are closely related to penicillins in structure. Cephalosporins have a six membered sulfur containing ring adjoining a ß lactam ring. Cefixime is effective in a large variety of bacterial infections, such as respiratory tract, ear, skin, gonorrhea, otitis media, and urinary tract infections.Cefiget 400mg capsule is indicated in the treatment of the following infections when caused by the susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms:
- Uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis.
- Otitis Media caused by Haemophilus influenzae, Moraxella catarrhalis and Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
- Acute bronchitis and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae.
- Uncomplicated gonorrhoea (cervical/urethral) caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
Third generation Cephalosporins
It is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections.
Stomach upset/pain, diarrhea, nausea, gas, headache, or dizziness may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
It is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug