- Additional Information
- Reviews (0)
Am-Telsan Tablets 5/80mg 14’s
Am-Telsan Tablets 5/80mg 14’s is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks and kidney problems. Telmisartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). It works by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow more easily.
Read the Patient Information Leaflet if available from your pharmacist before you start taking telmisartan and each time you get a refill. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Take this medication by mouth with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually once daily.
The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment.
Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. Keep taking this medication even if you feel well. Most people with high blood pressure do not feel sick. For the treatment of high blood pressure, it may take up to 4 weeks before you get the full benefit of this drug.
Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens (such as your blood pressure readings remain high or increase).
- This medication is used in the treatment of hypertension (increased blood pressure).
- As well as cardiovascular (heart and blood vessels) related events in patients with established atherosclerotic (hardening of blood vessels ) cardiovascular( heart and blood vessels ) disease.
- It is also used in patients with type 2 diabetes With end organ damage.
Side Effects Of Am-Telsan Tablets 5/80mg 14’s
- Patients who take this medicine can typically experience headaches
- dizziness (lightheadedness)
- As well as flashing (reddening in the area of skin) as well as rashes and gum hyperplasia (overgrowth of gum). Alopecia is a rare occurrence.
- (spot hair loss) or pruritus (itching) or abdominal lower back discomfort high blood sugar the increased frequency of urination, palpitations and stomach (stomach) disturbances.